Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Super Sized Runner Idea

I like the runner/rug that I currently have in my entry way.
Problem is,
it is so not appropriate.

Mostly, because it gets ruffled and rouched up
(pretty on a blouse, not on a floor)
when we open the front door.

Or the puppy mutt skids into it while running down her puppy runway.

Really, I need to give up on the runner idea.
But I won't.

I so need a long runner for my entry hallway.
By long, I think 21 feet should do it.
Considering most off the shelf runners come 7 ft long
And cost about $60 - $130 each.
I definitely needed to research a DIY option.


I need to research it again,
but there was a stroke of genius that I came across on the interwebs.

There was a handy/crafty/DIY blogger
who knocked off the above rug.
With a piece of canvas, some rug non-skid and some fabric.
Well...and some adhesive spray and a sewing machine.

Only because there are lots of parts and patience and a sewing machine involved is this probably an expert level project.  For me.

If you're handy with a sewing machine (so not me)
or don't think hand stitching is eye gougingly slow... (again, not me)
then this is probably maybe just advanced for you (budget to buy all that other stuff unless you are THAT freecycle patient).

But if you buy your fabric cheap from somewhere online
and you buy canvas at Jo's with a coupon
and you find a rug skid stop somewhere thrifty...

This could totally be reasonable. 
Especially if you are NOT making a 21 foot runner.
Just saying.
That's a LOT of straight stitching to make happen.

Especially since I now have a sewing machine.
Yes, it is still in the box it came in.

Awesome thought that counts.
Or, I could just go to Ikea already.

I'm sure they've got a solution for this dilemma.


***
Loving b3HD?
Have a life and can't view the whole blog in one sitting?
Then stalk us already!
Scroll down, join the site and Become a follower!!
Promise not to stalk you back.
Unless you want us to.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

You KNOW you have an opinion about it, already. So spill it. Spark up a conversation...